Monday, August 1, 2011

Doing Pot

Woah !!! .... STOP (in the name of love) ... Don't call


D E A

This is what i mean ...

AKA  "Slow Cooker"

I seldom use this (coz I always want to do things the hard way hahaha)
but the crock pot or slow cooker is so easy to use ...

"you can set it and forget it"
(ohh this sounds like an infomercial)

I took my crock pot from its hiding place in the cupboard because ...

I found a recipe on the internet called "Spicy Lemon Crock Pot Chicken"

but ... on the day I went out to buy the ingredients ...

I printed the WRONG recipe !!!
(i never realized it while buying the stuff)

and got this instead ...



oh well i can't do anything about it I already got everything for this dish so ...

I might as well try it out.

So ... this is what happened ...

To make this dish I need ...






Some Simple & Easy Steps :






1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
a jar of sliced mushroom (undrained)
1/2 cup water



Cover and cook on LOW setting




About 15 minutes before serving


1 1/2 cups green peas
1 1/2 cups instant white rice

Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until rice is tender.


THE END PRODUCT  ...

ladies & gentlemen ... my Chicken Rice




This is a super easy dish to make ... I think the hardest part was cutting the chicken .

I may have planned to make the Spicy Lemon Chicken but I have to admit

this mistake turned out good !


The flavor was perfect---but I did add a bit of salt and pepper
(that's what the recipe said anyway)


It may not be a super gourmet dish where I labored for hours in the kitchen

but this is a good dish for a PERFECT Saturday dinner with my family.

As they say ...

"The only thing more important than what's on the table
 is
 who's sitting around it."





2 comments:

  1. Yumm! Gotta try it coz my crockpot is sitting pretty by our kitchen countertop. Last week, I cooked beef nilaga with pork n'beans using it! Sarap-talam...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to dust off my Crock Pot. This sounds delicious. Will I get the munchies after I eat it?

    ReplyDelete