Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The TERMINATOR In Me


Hi  friends ... I am baaaccckkk  (using my Schwarzenegger voice )


It was my hubby Joseph's birthday and he took a week off from work.
Thus the short blog hiatus
Joseph requested  cupcakes for his birthday.
I made
Chocolate Cupcake with Chocolate Ganache Glaze.

Here it is !!!



We do not like putting cream frosting on our cupcakes .
Since it is Joseph's birthday ... I decided to jazz it up a little and
made some ganache glaze to put on top.
I saw on Food Network how to make ganache
I never realized it was that EASY !

Here are the stuff you need ...




Cut the chocolate bar into small pieces (you can also use chocolate chips)
and place in a bowl


NOTE: use equal amount of chocolate and heavy cream

 

Heat the heavy cream in a saucepan on medium-low heat



Cook until small bubbles appear on the outside edge of the cream

Add the vanilla (one teaspoon) before turning the heat off.





Pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate chips
let it rest for a few seconds ( do not mix it yet )
until the chocolate is melted


Using a whisk, gently stir until all the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth
 and add the Karo syrup too (about a tablespoon)

The karo syrup makes the ganache shiny



Dip the tops of each cupcake in the ganache and transfer to a baking sheet
Place the dipped cupcakes in the refrigerator to set, about 15 to 20 minutes
Allow cupcakes to return to room temperature before serving.




Ganache is such a complicated name
BUT
easy to make !

P.S.  I really wasn't planning on going on a short blog hiatus
I already wrote a blog about The London Riot BUT
I felt the topic was too sensitive so I did not post it
BUT maybe someday I will share the photos with you ...

No comments:

Post a Comment